05 Mar NEWPORT Beach Public Library, 1000 Avocado Avenue, Newport Beach
NEWPORT Beach Public Library, 1000 Avocado Avenue, Newport Beach
Book discussion Group, 2nd Wednesday of the Month from 9:30am to 11:00am
March 11 – The Giver by Lois Lowry is a bout a boy who inhabits a seemingly
World, one without conflict.
Medicine in our Backyard. Monthly on Mondays from 7:00pm to 8:30pm on March 23.
How to Keep Eye Problems at Arm-length As You Age. Ken Y. Lin, MD and Lilangi Ediriwickrema, MD
From the Gavin Herbert Eye Institute.
The Witte Lectures. Monthly guest lecture, book sale and signing.
The Uninhabitable Earth – Climate Change is Here, in California by David Wallace-Wells
Monday, March 6 at 7:00pm – 9:00pm; $60.00 includes light supper with wine
Saturday, March 7, 2:00pm – 4:00pm; $45.00 includes refreshments
Season of Library Live: March 12, 7:00pm
Tickets: $27.00 with author, Tomi Adeyemi
Books: Children of Blood and Bone, Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Financial Workshop: It’s Your Estate
Mondays, 10:00am – 11:30am
March 30 – May 18
Become a member at nbplfoundation.org
Libraries are more relevant than ever.
1) Libraries provide a community a physical and virtual space for shared knowledge, learning, and culture.
2) The utility of a library has been enhanced through technology.
3) A modern library offers books on shelves, e-books, magazines, streaming films, online courses, and tech toys like digital cameras, media converters, and USB turntables.
4) Libraries continue to provide a quiet place to study.
5) They continue to offer free educational resources to everyone.